The Youth Research Academy is surveying BC youth aged 18 to 20 who are either currently in government care (or an alternatives to government care such as on a Youth Agreement) or have aged out within the past year.
The survey takes about 20 minutes to complete, and youth receive a $20 e-gift card for completing the survey. Youth who complete the survey have the option to complete further surveys about every six months after that and receive a $20 e-gift card for each time point completed.
The survey asks questions about youth’s background, health (including mental health and substance use), experiences in care, living situations, education, employment, money, goals, access to services and supports, strengths and needs, and experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic. Participation in the study is anonymous and confidential.
To take the survey, please click on the appropriate link below:
- For youth currently in government care in BC, or an alternative to care (e.g., on a Youth Agreement), who are 18 and for those who have turned 19 or 20 and have had their supports extended due to the COVID-19 pandemic: Click here
- For youth with care experience who turned 19 or 20 within the past year and have aged out care in BC: Click here
For more information, or if you would like to share details of the study with others: Click here
View a short video about the survey created by the Youth Research Academy on McCreary's YouTube channel @McCrearyCentre.
- If you have any questions about the study, or wish to request paper copies of surveys, please contact:
- Karen, Research Project Manager/BC AHS Coordinator, McCreary Centre Society
- Email: Karen@mcs.bc.ca; Phone: (604) 291-1996, ext. 230